According to the company website, these little bricks have a scratch and bite-resistant surface. Basically, these things are unbreakable so they last a long time!
* Great for two or more children.
My boys play so well together with these things- for the most part :-). Each set always has enough for both of them to be occupied.
* Captures and keeps their attention.
LEGOs keep my boys busy for hours on end – I kid you not! It enhances their imagination and coordination skills.
* Variety of products.
There are products for different age groups… starting with toddlers on up to age 12. And, there are sets with special characters – like Cars, Star Wars, Sponge Bob and many more! I think they are even interchangeable (except for the jumbo ones designed for toddlers).
* Cost efficient.
The ‘regular’ LEGO sets are generally no more than $15 or so. When you start getting the character versions – they cost a bit more.
But I have to warn you …
* It seems inevitable that at some point your son will build a gun with the LEGOs and may even try to ‘shoot’ you or others with his ‘gun.’
* Have a plan for storing these things because they end up all over the house. It’s no fun to step on one of these in the middle of the night.
* If your child is still young, you really don’t need that 500 – gazillion piece set. I know it’s on sale and it’s a great deal, but you will pay for it later! A set of 100 pieces or less works just fine for beginners.
This is definitely a must have toy that has stood the test of time (since 1932). If you don’t have a set already – go get some today!