Science was never my strong suite. But I don’t want my son to feel that way. Yet, every time I think about my KINDERGARTNER having to do a science project – it makes my skin crawl! How am I to explain hypothesis and variables and predictions to him – and keep his (my) attention?
However, I’ve found some websites and some project ideas. (Did you see the video?) If you are in the same boat, hope this helps – and feel free to shoot some ideas my way too!
1. What is the best way to wash your hands? (This one would be useful!)
2. Does the temperature underground vary as much as the surface temperature? (Digging in the dirt? That would be fun!)
3. What shape bubbles can you blow? (Blowing bubbles as a science project? Oh, he’d LOVE that!)
4. Can food coloring change the color of water? (Water play is always a winner.)
5. Do girls have better manners at the shopping center than boys and men? Whoah! Is that politically correct? Interesting, but we’ll think I’ll pass :-).
Honestly, in the end, this science project might not be so bad – and dare I say – fun? But I’ll still probably hand this off to the DAD!