We attended the Bite Size Science Day at the Fernbank last weekend. It was FREE – but it was also packed! The boys had a ball – and learned a little about science!
This is what my boys do when we go out to eat. In this case, Salt won!
I was getting burned out on birthday cakes and cupcakes so I tried something different for my youngest’s school birthday party… donuts.
Bowling is our newest favorite past time because it’s a sport the whole family can enjoy, even granny!
…this is the children’s ball! Continue reading
- Take a lawn chair… unless you want to sit in the grass. Are there benches at the practice field? Take a chair anyway because there may be no room and you’ll end up sitting on the grass. When you sit on the grass, you start itching and twitching and the children get distracted. You don’t want to distract the children!
- The children will be distracted. Whether you itch, twitch, roll or fan, the children will be distracted by you, or another team, or a butterfly…
- Take something to read for the practices and not the games. Not sure how/why I got this mixed up. I was bored as hell at practice and at the game my book got trampled – since I was sitting in the grass.
- Your child is going to kick the ball in the wrong goal… more than once… even though you are hysterically gesturing and pointing the other way.
- The same child that kicks everything in his path will not be able to connect his foot to the ball while on the soccer field. Still baffled by this phenom. Continue reading
Yes – I know it’s Thursday, but … you know … We attended the St. Patrick’s Day celebration. My husband swears he’s got Irish in his family 🙂 Anyway, my boys love showing their muscles and my youngest got his hair painted.